Passage: 2 Timothy 4 (AMP)
When God is watching….!
12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Heb 12, NIV) -emphasis added
Let’s continue focusing on the race. If you look at events like Olympics, these are some of the factors about the winners:
- They have a goal and are very focused on it. They sacrificed the things most others enjoy, for the sake of achieving that goal
- They have principle and discipline; they exercise and practice daily. They work hard because they were guided by their determination
- They never looked at another person and said: “I want sleep as much as I can, like them”. Instead, they slept less and sacrificed more
- They looked only at other people who made it, and not at the losers. They were sure they were going in the right direction
- On the track/field, they have to keep all the rules, no matter how well they perform
There is a lot more we can add to that. But one thing I want to highlight is this: instead of being like someone else, instead of enjoying what most other enjoy, instead of spending all their time on the INTERNET and other stuff, the winners put their goal as the first and foremost. When they went through failures and rejections, they turned their face in another direction and continued going forward, instead of self-pitying or hating their life. They proved that it did not have to be another person, but they themselves could make it
In the spiritual race we are all in, we have many examples, some good and some bad. It is best to focus on Jesus and to learn from others who made it
One of the most heart-breaking things in the Olympics is to see a person performing very well in gymnastics or so and then getting disqualified because they accidentally touched a rod or something they were not supposed to touch
After all that hard work, all the sacrifices, it is very hard to accept a rejection
If all that we do makes sense to others but makes no sense to God, it will be pathetic, when the roll is called up yonder!
God is gracious; He is true. There is hope and caution in that
May God bless your day !
Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for being my hero, my role model. Help me to run the race of life in a manner that makes sense to you. Let me know how I am doing, so that I can correct myself and see myself on the medal-stand. Amen
God is watching; is that a good news or a bad news to you?